2-SEAL™ THERMAL CONCRETE WING NUT ANCHOR
Submital SheetsPDF Downloads
Safety Data SheetsPDF Downloads
Does your thermal anchor pass the test? READ THE REPORT!
The Thermal Concrete 2-Seal™ Wing Nut is an innovative single screw veneer tie for concrete, CMU, or wood stud construction. The anchor features a dual-diameter barrel with factory-installed EPDM washers to seal both the face of the insulation and the air/vapor barrier, and unique Thermal Wings that are designed to decrease thermal transfer through rigid insulation.
- The projecting Thermal Wings:
- Are made from steel encapsulated in plastic to create a thermal break, the plastic is highly flame resistant
- Accept a 2X-HOOK™ or Seismic 2X-HOOK™ and spin to easily orient pintles/hooks parallel to masonry joints
- Up to 1/2” of inward adjustability to account for variations in wall thickness
- H&B's Stainless Steel barrels have one-third the thermal conductivity of carbon steel barrels and one-seventh the thermal conductivity of the zinc barrels of our competitors products (refer to chart below)
|Metal Type||Thermal Conductivity|
|Stainless Steel (Type 304)||0.15|
|AISI-SAE 1020 (Plain Carbon Steel)||0.52|
- Made with a 5/16” hex head, install with a standard hex socket
- Adaptable for seismic zones with the simple addition of 9 gauge or 3/16" continuous wire and a 2X-HOOK™ Seismic Pintle (SH)
The compressed leg 2X-HOOK™ has been tested and designed to withstand over 200-lbf, in tension or compression, at maximum allowed offset (ACI 530 220.127.116.11.5.4) of 1-1/4” (disengagement of the pintle from the veneer anchor). These results exceed BIA recommendations and the capabilities of standard “round wire” hooks or pintles by over 100%!
- NOTE: 2X-HOOK™ CAN BE INSTALLED WITH LEGS POINTING UP OR DOWN.
- The embedded portion of the 2X-Hook is 3/16”DIA round wire, satisfying the code requirement that the mortar bed thickness (typically 3/8”) must be twice the diameter of the wire.
- 2X-Hook: U.S. Pat. No. 8,613,175 Test results available upon request.
- Type 304 Stainless Steel Barrel with Polymer Coated Screw
- Available in 5/8" ,1", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3", 3-1/2", 4", 4-1/2", and 5" sizes (Equal to thickness of insulation)
- Pre-drill a 5/32" (4 mm) hole into concrete, CMU, or masonry backup to a depth of 2" (51 mm).
- Thermal 2-Seal™ Wing Nut Anchor is available for Steel Stud Construction.
- H&B recommends 16” x 16” spacing
- U.S. Patent Numbers. 7,415,803
|1 1/4"||2 1/4"||Sizes|
|5/8"||1"||1 1/2"||2"||2 1/2"||3"||3 1/2"||4"||4 1/2"||5"||6" (Special Order)||5 1/2" (Special Order)||Backup Type|
|Type 304 - Stainless Steel||Minimum Air Space Requirement|