The PTA 420 Partition Top Anchor has been developed to provide lateral shear resistance at the upper limit of masonry walls.
- They permit vertical deflection of the slab above, without transferring compressive loads to the masonry wall below.
- PTA Tube with expansion filler is placed over rod (#3 rebar) anchor, which has been attached to concrete or steel by any of the methods illustrated.
- The vertical joint is then filled with mortar, fully surrounding tube.
- Clear butyrate tubes with compressible polyethylene filler isolate the anchor from the surrounding mortar, allowing the anchor to slide
- PTA Series Anchors are suitable for construction using steel or concrete.
- Rod is #3 rebar
- Straps are 3/16" plate
- Other diameters and gauges available, including heavy-duty styles for hurricane velocity wind loads
- Contact our technical department for further information.
- Hot Dip Galvanized
- Stainless Steel
- Special high-load designs can be manufactured on a special order basis contact our technical department for information.