The HB-213 S.I.S. is comprised of the HB-213 Adjustable Veneer Anchor and the Seismiclip® Interlock System, which accepts continuous wire for reinforcing the masonry veneer in seismic conditions (9 gauge or 3/16" diameter continuous wire available).
The compressed leg 2X-HOOK™ has been tested and designed to withstand over 200-lbf, in tension or compression, at maximum allowed offset (ACI 530 126.96.36.199.5.4) of 1-1/4” (disengagement of the pintle from the veneer anchor). These results exceed BIA recommendations and the capabilities of standard “round wire” hooks or pintles by over 100%!
HB-213 is an adjustable veneer anchor. The L-shaped plate section has numerous ribs for added strength and 9/32" holes for connecting screws. The eyelets allow 2X-HOOK™ (pintle) insertion (1 1/4" maximum allowable eccentricity) and are sized to prevent in-and-out movement beyond allowable tolerances.
Seismiclip® Interlock System
- Horizontal joint reinforcing wire and pintle are snapped into Seismiclip® and covered with mortar. This allows wire, tie and anchor to function as a single unit attached to the backup.
- Continuous wire is beneficial for seismic zones or to provide additional protection against problems arising from thermal expansion and contraction. The continuous wire also allows for a more uniform distribution of lateral forces.
- Hot Dip Galvanized
- Stainless Steel
- Pintle lengths: 3", 4", or 4 3/4"
- Legs fabricated to accommodate up to 6" thick insulation and/or wallboard combination (state thickness when ordering)
- NOTE: 2X-HOOK™ CAN BE INSTALLED WITH LEGS POINTING UP OR DOWN.
- The embedded portion of the 2X-Hook is 3/16”DIA round wire, satisfying the code requirement that the mortar bed thickness (typically 3/8”) must be twice the diameter of the wire.
- 2X-HOOK™: U.S. Pat. No. 8,613,175 Test results available upon request.
- H&B recommends 16" x 16" spacing
- HB-213 replaced the HB-200/DA-213 or HB-200 Adjustable Veneer Anchor.
- Optional: HB-213 Washer to hold insulation to back-up